- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (12 oz) cans of beer (lager)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream<
- 10 slices American cheese
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute carrots, onion, celery, garlic in butter until tender.
- Whisk flour into sauteed vegetables and allow to cook for 1 minute while whisking continuously.
- Add beer to vegetable/flour mixture and whisk until all flour has dissolved in to beer. Add water, chicken base and heavy cream. Bring to a light simmer. Turn down burner and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and American cheese.
- With a hand mixer, puree vegetables until there are no large pieces and the American cheese, cream cheese and sour cream are completely melted.
- Add Cheddar cheese using a whisk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with toasted bread rubbed with garlic.