- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package au jus gravy mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 8 shallots (halved), substitute 1 medium on and garlic
- 3lbs beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 3 medium carrots peeled and rough chopped (optional)
In a 6-qt slow cooker, wisk together the wine, tomato paste, gravy mix, thyme, salt/pepper, stir until mixed.
Add garlic, shallots or onions and carrots.
Add ribs, placing them, meat side down. Cover and cook until meat is tender. 8-10 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high.
With a slotted spoon transfer the ribs to a plate. Using a ladle or a spoon, skim and discard fat from the sauce. Also discard the vegetables. Spoon sauce over the ribs and sprinkle with parsley if using.