- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound Broccolini, trimmed
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cook brown rice according to directions.
Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Add brown sugar, mirin, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn; drizzle 1 tablespoon soy sauce mixture over chicken.
Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add Broccolini; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
Place 1/2 cup rice in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 4 ounces chicken and 4 ounces Broccolini.
Drizzle about 1 tablespoon remaining soy sauce mixture over each serving.