- 3 Bananas, super-ripe
- 1 Egg plus, large
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a 9″-x-5″ loaf pan with cooking spray, then dust with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg and egg yolk, buttermilk or sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.